Maintenance and After-Sale Service
Maintenance and After-Sale Service:
It is important to get the most out of your equipment. Catastrophic failures are expensive. Loss of productivity and unplanned downtime negatively impact your testing schedule and your reputation. Even the most well-designed equipment can ultimately wear, fail or break. With an effective routine maintenance plan, you can be notified of equipment condition and be aware of potential problems.
PGA offers routine maintenance services for all equipment in field of oil, gas and petrochemical, and we offer specific interval packages for Valves, Generators, compressors, instruments and controllers. These packages are designed to provide maintenance at the appropriate times based on operational hours of use.
PGA field service engineers are trained and experienced in routine maintenance procedures. They use special service tools and diagnostic equipment to facilitate proper disassembly and reassembly when required and to perform accurate diagnosis. The combination of these tools and their extensive knowledge drives the high quality and speed of the routine maintenance service.
WELL HEAD AND X-MASS TREE MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE
PGA’s experienced team of competent engineers can undertake disassembly and inspection of your X-mas tree or wellhead equipment, report on equipment condition and make appropriate recommendations before overhauling the equipment and conducting thorough inspection & testing
PGA Company offers a comprehensive Wellhead & Christmas Tree maintenance services for all existing sections including Casing Head, Casing Spool, Tubing Head and Christmas Tree in two ( 2 ) different scope namely:-
- Preventive Maintenance (PM)
b. Corrective Maintenance (CM)
in Preventive Maintenance, we provide:-
• Personnel & Equipment on call out for onshore & offshore locations
• Physical inspection of Wellhead and Christmas Tree component
• Lubrication of valves and actuator
• Injection of grease & sealant into Valve Body cavities
• Tubing Head Void Test
• Pressure / function test of valves & actuators
• Casing head pressure void test
• Corrosion and erosion inspection
• Cleaning, preservation & painting
• Inspection & work report
• Updating data & wellhead stack up configuration
In addition, we will also conduct periodic maintenance which includes:-
• Critical Device Function Test (CDFT) using well bore pressure on all Christmas tree valves
• Cycling & Leak test on Surface Control Subsurface Valve (SCSSV), Tubing Retrievable Surface Control Subsurface Safety Valve (TRSCSSV) and Wire line Control Subsurface Safety Valve (WRSCSSV).
• Function test on actuators
• Flushing of valves ( to remove undesirable foreign materials from internal of valve)
For Corrective Maintenance, we provide:-
- Personnel & Equipment on call out for onshore & offshore locations
• Setting or Retrieving BPV’s / TWC’s
• Thread Chaser for H-Type BPV’s thread profile inside Tubing Hanger whilst under pressure using self-equalizing lubricators
• Side Door Lubricators ( VR Plug installation) for Annulus Valve change out ( subject to space availability )
• Repair or replacement of component or parts i.e. valves, actuator, tree cap, fittings etc
• Repair works on valves, valve parts, valve assembly replacement, actuator or Christmas Tree change out
• Servicing / Repair / Refurbishment / Pressure Testing of valves & parts at our workshop
• Specialized Services such as gate valve milling
Note: All Pressure Testing for PM & CM shall be conducted in accordance to API 6A.
Being a manufacturer of Wellhead and Christmas Tree, we can offer refurbishment of components or built replacement parts (particularly for old / outdated design) subject to availability of OEM drawings and commercial viability.
We can also prepare or assist clients in designing their Wellhead and Christmas Tree maintenance program.
Our experienced team of competent engineers can undertake disassembly and inspection of your xmas tree or wellhead equipment, report on equipment condition and make appropriate recommendations before overhauling the equipment and conducting thorough inspection & testing
Tubing Head Adapters:
Tubing Head Adaptors are designed for tubing suspension and can be used with extended neck threaded hanger PTHSE for a max WP of 15000 PSI. These can be provided with a studded up connections and a recessed lower flange with test & bleed ports. Tubing Head Adaptors can also be used with wrap around tubing hanger (PTHSW) for a max. WP of 10000 PSI and are threaded female for tubing suspension. It can be threaded according to the customer specification.
Dual split type Tubing Hanger ‘PTHDE’ is used for Dual Tubing String applications. This utilizes plastic packing between the seals for sealing. It is fixed by hold down screws.
Automatic Casing Hanger (PCHA) is basically designed for heavy load service and is used for Casing Head Housing ‘PCHH’ and Casing Head Spool ‘PCHS’ described earlier. When the Casing load is applied to the hanger, the top ring connected by the Pack-off and shoulder screw compresses the packing to seal the annulus pressure of the casing. This casing hanger is normally used for pressure ratings upto 3000 PSI. For ratings over 3000 PSI, type ‘PSPO’ Pack-off is used to prevent collapse of the pipe.
Unitised Casing Hanger (PCHU) can be used both for Casing Head Housing (PCHH) and Casing Head Spool (PCHS) as described earlier. This Hanger is designed for medium or heavy load service. This hanger is normally latched around the pipe and lowered in casing head body. After the casing is landed, shoulder screws should be evenly tightened to affect a positive annular seal. The hanger may be used upto 3000 PSI WP. For ratings over 3000 PSI, ‘PSPO’ Pack-off is used to prevent collapse of the pipe.
Tubing Hanger Spool is used in combination with Tubing Hanger coupling, Wrap around tubing hanger (PTHSW) and ‘PTHS’ type tubing spool. Tubing Hanger Coupling allows installation by screwing the union nut of the tubing hanger coupling without a need to turn the X-mas tree. Coupling is threaded for installing a back pressure valve. Top & Bottom of the coupling can be threaded to suit customer’s requirement.
Tubing Hangers are basically four types. These are Mandrel Type ‘PTHSM’, Wrap around Type ‘PTHSW’, Extended Neck Type ‘PTHSE’ and Dual Split Type ‘PTHDE’. Extended Neck Type with control lines ‘PTHSCL’, Dual Split Type with control lines ‘PTHDCL’, mandrel type with metal to metal seals (PTHTSM) and Mandrel type equipped with a continuous control line with metal to metal seals such as PTHTSMM are also supplied.
‘PTHSM’ type Tubing Hanger is used for the PTHS type of Tubing Head Spool described later. It seals the annulus pressure by compressing the seal with the weight of the tubing and the hold down screws.
Extended Neck Type ‘PTHSE’ is used for the Tubing Head Spool described later. This type is like ‘PTHSM’ type tubing hanger but having an extended neck with a seal ring which seals fluid in the tubing. This type seals the annulus pressure by compressing the seal with the weight of the tubing and the hold down screws.
The ‘PTHSW’ type is a split type tubing hanger and may be wrapped round the tubing. It seals the annulus pressure by compressing the seal with the hold down screws installed in the top flanges of the spool. This type of hanger is used where tubing must be rotated or moved up and down under pressure. This tubing hanger is used together with a tubing hanger coupling and a tubing hanger spool.
All Integral equipment internal and outlet connection including Casing and Tubing Hanger which have API Threads, conform to API-5B stipulations for concerned tolerances.
The equipment include Tubing Head Adaptors, Valves, Trees, Crosses, Top Connectors and Chokes which can be assembled together and assembly can be used to provide controlled access to the Tubing String bore and control the rate of production. Testing of X-Mas Trees is done as per Latest standard of API-6A which covers drift test and Hydrostatic test.
Adjustable Chokes Contain following features:
- Interchangeability of parts to construct a positive, adjustable, or combination choke.
- Bonnet nut has rugged integrally forged lugs for hammering nut loose.
- Built-in safety feature which releases residual pressure in the choke body before the nut is fully removed. The inside of the choke body is vented to atmosphere after the bonnet nut is partially removed.
- Interchangeability of component parts for a particular pressure range. For example, the same blanking plugs and bonnet assemblies are used in nominal 2″ 2000 through 10,000 psi WP.
- Stainless steel adjustable choke needle and seat (Tungsten Carbide/ Ceramic lining needle and seat also available for severe service applications).
Lubricators which connect directly to the top of a X-Mas tree above the master valve are available in various sizes and end connections and pressure ratings varying from 5000 to 20000 PSI both for standard and sour service.
Operating a Lubricator is by far the most dangerous aspect of well head service work. Therefore extreme caution has to be exercised while operating this tool.
Measurement of Rod travel is done as follows:
- Measure from the tie down piece on the tubing head to The tree cap for a ball weevil hanger.
- Measure from the top of the tubing head adaptor bottom
Flange to the tree cap on a hanger bushing completion.
In each case the window section of lubricator must also be measured. This will ensure that the proper length of the rod will be used. Most lubricator rods are marked in 5 such increments:
- Needle Valve A
Valve located in manifold by pass assembly closest to Adaptor flange.
- Needle Valve B
Valve located on manifold bypass assembly closest to the First UNION connection.
(NOTE: In lubricators up to 5000 PSI, needle valve B is also used as a bleed down valve. Needle valve C is used in 10000, 15000 & 20000 PSI lubricators to equalize pressure throughout the tool and not as bleed down valves.)
- Needle Valve C
Only valve with a pressure gauge attached. Available in 10000, 15000 & 20000 PSI lubricators.
Flanged Drilling Spool (PFDS)
These are designed to allow unrestricted circulation of mud in the well and provide flexibility in arranging flow line openings in blowout preventor hookups. Studded or open faced ends and outlet connections can be provided. Generally hub of the flanged outlet is welded. Height of spool will vary form 24″ -36″. However spools as per specific need of customers can also be provided.
Valve Removal Plugs (PVRP)
All flanged or studded outlets on casing heads, casing spools and tubing heads are threaded for valve removal plugs. All plugs have standard API Line Pipe Threads and are small enough to pass thru the valve to be removed. The plug is installed when the valve is to be removed and removed when the valve is to be installed.
Valve Removal Tool (PVRT)
These are generally pressure-balanced manual hydraulic tool designed for safe and reliable operations in the installation and removal of valve removal plugs, in order to install or replace a well-head outlet valve under pressure conditions.
This tool is also designed to accommodate 2 1/16″, 2 9/16″, 3 1/8″ Valve up to 10000 PSI WP. Adapter may be provided for use with 1 13/16″, 2 1/16″, 2 9/16″, 3 1/8″ flanged valves and screwed end valves. Various sizes of valve removal plug sockets are also provided for the respective sizes of plugs.
In the figure to the left, Needle Valve ‘A’ is located next to pressure gauge on manifold by-pass assembly and needle valve ‘B’ is connected to 1/2″ NPT TEE on far end of manifold bypass assembly. Needle Valve ‘C’ is a bleeder valve located behind flange packing.
ACT fabricates custom designed choke and kill manifold:
1) In oil/gas well drilling operation, drilling fluids (Muds) of designed gravity are used to overcome sub-surface pressure or the influx of formation fluid. One some occasions, kicks are experienced with change of pressure of formation while drilling. This is necessary to build up drilling fluid density to prevent influx of formation fluid. The oke and Kill Manifold allows the driller to regulate back-pressure on the formation while gradually density of the drilling fluid is built up by circulation with closed B.O.P. till the well is stabilized and drilling is resumed.
The Choke and Kill Manifold are available up to 10,000 PSI in sizes of 2″ to 3″ for standard and sour services. Other type of Manifold (stand pipe, cementing, etc.) can also be made available.
2) For well Testing / Completion / Intervention, Industry uses varies configuration of Manifold, as per requirement of Service / Operating Companies, ACT designs and fabricates custom made manifold in sizes of 2″ to 3″ up to 10,000 PSI for standard and sour services for following application.
(a) Choke Manifold for flow back/work over
(b) Production Manifold for diverting flow through test separator or vent or burner.
(c) Gas Manifold for diverting gas through orifice meter or burner.
(d) Data Recorder for recording flowing pressure and temperature.
(e) Stimulation / Treatment for Well stimulation / treatment service.
- Inspection, installation and test of Wellhead and Christmas tree components on existing (work-over) and new (drilling) wells.
- Correct and fast flange make-up using bolt tensioning systems or torqueing tools.
- Retrieving, disassembly and recovery of Christmas tree, Wellhead, valves and chokes from worked-over wells.
- Casing cold cut and beveling for the correct installation of Wellhead spools.
- Cold cut of casing spool for disengaging casing hanger
- Running/Retrieving and maintenance of drilling tools such as wear bushings, BOP test plugs, etc.
- Running/Retrieving and maintenance of Tubing and Annulus plugs such as Back Pressure Valve, Two Way Check Valve, VR plugs, etc. using lubricators.
- Welding of starting heads onto surface casing.
- Operation and maintenance of client supplied Wellhead tools.
- Leak off test of Wellhead and Xmas Tree valves and Subsurface safety valve
- Methanol, Brine and Glycol pumping services.
- Well Integrity Assessment and Management.
- ICP and Annulus investigation (bleed off, fill-up, monitoring)
- Wellhead pressure monitoring and recording using high sensitive instrument (Data Trap);
- Leak sealant injection for curing Wellhead pickoff and hanger seals, subsurface safety valves, Casing and Tubing packers, Wellhead valves, Micro annular leaks (Seal-Tite).